Sunday, July 30, 2006

Goddess Mandalas


Today I found two things that I have been looking for for weeks: my glue gun, and my precious collection of rubber stamps. (I still have lots of boxes to unpack from moving!) But, the funny thing is that even though I still like commercial rubber stamps, I found that the awkward little hand carved stamp of the Goddess I made, produced an image that seemed somehow richer, in spite of, or because of its flaws...

Just for comparison: this third mandala was stamped with a bought rubber stamp. Nice also, but I like the rougher hand made image better.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is beautiful!

Victoria Koldewyn said...

Truly awesome - and I like the hand-carved stamp much better too.

Etayne said...

::smile:: thank you!

Lhonez said...

It is beautiful. I agree the rough hand made image is better. But then anything hand made is always better.