Sunday, June 18, 2006

Happy Fathers' Day


Some country singer in a bar, Papa, me, Donna in the background in Nashville

Things have not always been real easy for me and my Dad. Not a story that I want to tell right now. But, after Mom's death, we are finding the way to one another, being left behind without her.
He came to visit me here in the United States, after I have been living here for 26 years. He's never been on an air plane, doesn't speak english, but he came. Since I had just moved from Seattle to Tennessee, and my furniture was not here yet, we kept house together with a few borrowed pots and pans, and spent evenings at a small card table --also borrowed -- remembering, and talking, and missing Mama. It was the best time I ever spent with him. I got the best Christmas present from him -- his memories and view points of things we both experienced. What a gift.

Happy Father's Day, Papa.

No comments: