Sunday, June 04, 2006

Adrift on the menopausal sea


Getting older is really something. Foremost -- I don't feel older. Inside, I still have the same heart and spirit -- only better! :::smiling::: But the body changes, and I have some wild sensations with this next stage in my life. I have -- so far! -- not become bitchy or angry, but I sure get the weepies! The other day I was sniffling and couldn't stop tears from coming for no reason at all. There is always my analytical self standing beside the emotional self, analyzing and recognizing what's happening, but it doesn't make a damn bit of difference. It still happens. So I ran around the house with the vacuum cleaner, boo-hoo-hooing, 'cause I just couldn't stop it, and the vacuuming needed to be done in spite of it. Then I had a good laugh at myself. The emotions are intense, and trying to stop them is definitely the wrong thing to do.
Don't even get me started on the hot flashes -- and them combined with moving to a hot and humid climate! Just wring me out and hang me on the clothesline to dry.
Here is a little paper doll (template by Lisa Vollrath) I made in honor of menopause, titled "Adrift on the menopausal sea".
Note the fire in the belly!
And be nice to middle aged women.

No comments: