Sunday, December 31, 2006

Yesterdays' adventure




NPS Photo
View of mountains from the Pinnacle Overlook

Carved by wind and water, Cumberland Gap forms a major break in the Appalachian Mountain chain.
That's where I was yesterday! Sweetie, doggy and I had a nice little hike in the woods in this area. It was quite beautiful, and I'm looking forward to going back soon to explore some more. There are places to camp, caves to explore, hiking trails, and feel history. It was very refreshing for body and spirit.

3 comments:

Still Waters Studio said...

Hi Etayne, What an interesting name. Thanks for visiting my blog. I live about 45 min. south of Nashville. Do you live in east TN? With the mountain photos, that's where I'm guessing. Have a great New Year!

Lhonez said...

Happy New Year Etayne! Cumberland Gap is a beautiful area. My mother lives about an hour south in Morristown. I just got back from spending ten days there. Probably passed you on the interstate! Too bad, if I had known you were there, maybe we could have met for coffee or a drink. Happy New Year!

Les

Etayne said...

!!!
What a small world. I live in Morristown.
Coffee would have been fun! Let me know when you pass through again...