Saturday, November 04, 2006

fall collage

Fall is my favorite season. I love the brilliant colors of the turning leaves, I can never get enough of the flaming trees. It is especially beautiful here in the South, I fill my pockets with fallen leaves, and use them in my art work. This collage goes to Justtra in North Carolina.
We have two pine trees in our yard, and they shed and shed! I rake and rake, and they just keep shedding! I would just let them be, because I like the copper red blanket they create, but it's a tidy neighbourhood, and that's alright too. I pile them around the tree trunks, and lately a little doggy has made his bed in there every night. Burrows down in them, and stays warm. We are trying to get close to him, but he doesn't trust us yet. So I keep piling the pine needles up for a nice burrow for him.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Antje I love your blog thing here. I will have to remember to visit it more often. Keep us updated on the visiting little doggie!!!

Carol :-)

Lhonez said...

That is a beautiful collage. I believe it captures the essence of autumn. Autumn is my favorite month. It is jean jacket weather and invigorating.

Lhonez said...

P.S.

Yes that hideous picture on my blog was actually me.

My email address is Lhonez@earthlink.net. I would be honored to hear from you.

Victoria Koldewyn said...

sweeeeet, Antje. Love your everyday life-affirming stories. And your artwork too :-)