Thursday, May 25, 2006

Mama's art

" Pumuckel"

My Mom, Helga, was a very talented doll maker.
When I was little, I had the most amazing dolls and stuffed animals, all hand made by her.

She passed away last year. It still is unfathomable that she is not here anymore. I want every single thing that she ever made. It's not possible -- I live here, and she lived in
Germany. And she made so many, many things. But I have some of them, and will get a few more over here with time. I'd like to share the images of some of her work, and tell the world what a creative talented person she was.

This is "Pan"on the bottom -- she molded and painted hands, feet and face herself, sewed the body and clothing and made the flute.
The red head is "Pumuckel," based on a popular children's book character, using those same techniques. Sometimes I wonder if he does not double as my muse. ::: giggle:::
If you want to see more of Mama's art, check my blog "Helga". I will be posting things there from time to time.

No comments: