Saturday, May 20, 2006

Good things about living in the South



I love Saturdays! Saturdays are yardsale days.I love the hunt! Especially for church yard sales! I wasn't planning on hunting today, but on my way home from the dollar store (another good thing!) I saw the sign for YARD SALE pointing to the "Rock Of Life" church. (that's a list for another day -- names of churches around here) They were just closing it up, but let me have a peek at what was left. And because they all wanted to go home, they let me have three oak side tables and a matching coffee table (on wheels!) for $25. In good condition -- needs a washing, but otherwise just fine for our basement den. Everyone helped me load this all up in my tiny Hyndai accent -- leave it to the women to figure out how it could all fit -- and I rambled up the hill and made it home ok.
:::laughing at self::: I'm soooo frugal....
You could outfit your home with things that people leave by the side of the road here, and not do too badly. I'm looking for a nice couch.

1 comment:

Victoria Koldewyn said...

oh...I just love this. It's soulful and even though she's sitting in what seems to be emptiness, I feel anything but. You've got a sweet blog going on girl! Thanks for your words...and those sky pictures...yum. Your ebullience is so great.