Tuesday, October 14, 2008

a visit

I've lived in the United States now for almost 29 years. My folks never visited. (I kept asking... but there was always something else that needed taking care of first.
When Mama died, Dad came for Christmas. It wasn't much of a "vacation", since I was new here in Tennessee, had a house with no furniture, and we were griefing for Mama. Funny enough, it was one of the best Christmases I've ever had with my Dad.
Three years have passed, and Dad (now 73) wanted to come for another visit. But now he "wanted to see something" ! For the month of September, I was personal translator, chauffeur, attendant and american culture guide.

Here a picture of the fine art of viewing football and rooting for a team. Explaining the rules? Not a clue there. Dad with "Helga hat" and braids? Priceless.

1 comment:

Cedar said...

If that was not your father I would have such a GREAT LINE, but I have respect for you and your Dad, so, ah, cute pic.