Sunday, January 13, 2008

Strep throat!!



That's what I got! Fever, roaring head, whole body aches, can't swallow, tongue looks white as a sheet -- quite miserable.
I made it to urgent care yesterday -- I was first in line! Got a huge ol' shot of antibiotics in my tuckus and some horse pills to take and a shot glass of liquid Motrin that tasted like manna from heaven and acted like it too. Bed is sanctuary and I'm resting and dozing and listening to book on tapes and making brief ventures out of the bed to sit up a bit. Doggy has hardly left my side and Sweetie has been fluttering about making sure that I drink lots of fluid and eat something. I'm lucky to have them.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, strep is nasty stuff all right . . . here's hoping you feel better soon!

Etayne said...

oh.. thank you, Anita! it's getting better, slowly. Well wishes are a wonderful tonic, too.
E.

Cedar said...

Okay, that is just gross. I hope you feel better soon.