Sunday, March 25, 2007

The Lady Marion




http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-scwW3EM1E

I cannot for the life of me figure out how to put a You Tube Video on my blog. All I get is error messages. ::grumble::

If I was a song, that is what I would sound like. I listened to Clannad when I was younger, back home, and found them again here in America, making music for "Robin of Sherwood". It was like a song from home, even though I'm not from Ireland.
I've always liked the Robin Hood legend, any fairy tale at all, really. This one I liked especially because the Lady Marian was a spunky sort and could shoot a bow and wield a staff if she had to. A fair but independent maiden!
Once, a hair weapon was made for me, because it was thought that I was such a woman. I still have it. I can't wear it in my hair anymore because it is no longer long enough. I ought to find a way to keep it with me. The top is Herne, the Hunter, who was Robin's guiding spirit. One of the old Gods, of the old ways.
The song is sweet and haunting, with an underlaying sadness and great destiny in it's heart. Now maybe to someone else, it may sound like just so much harp string plucking, but to me... it sounds like a song in my heart. I listen to it, and all this memory comes to my thoughts, you know, the kind that is more image than word.
Do you ever feel you have been born into the wrong time?

4 comments:

emr and hipaa said...

You should check out Marion's home at Robin Hood Fund.

Lhonez said...

Sorry gorgeous but it is New Age. I believe it would be an outstanding remedy for insomnia.

Zoe said...

Are you copying the embed code that is in the box to the right of the video and pasting that code into your post. The embed code is at the bottom of the box to the right of the video, right below tag, then URL is embed. The code is longer than the box that it in so you have to make sure that you drag across and get the whole code copied. When you paste it into blogger you might want to click on the edit html tab before you paste it. Sometimes it takes a few minutes for it embed.

If this is already what you're doing then I got nothing.

Etayne said...

yup -- I tried that, but it would not go! It kept breaking the code. Might have been just this particular one, or maybe my 'puter.
But thanks for the hint.